Last week I got a popup that said all my chrome is outdated and there is a new version. There was a box to click to update the browser. I clicked on that button and some unexpected items were downloaded and installed. My Chrome homage started to be hijacked by Searchiincognito.com.
I have tried removing the site from Chrome several times but it is not getting removed. I even tried removing it from settings. Also, I uninstalled and reinstalled chrome several times but nothing is helping me. Can anyone suggest a way to remove this weird web page?
What is Searchiincognito.com?
Searchiincognito.com is associated with adware. The website is also considered as a browser hijacker or potentially unwanted program. Some computer users are forced to visit this website when they start the web browser or open a new tab once their browsers are affected. It has a similar look with Google and allows users to search for information. The search engine consists of a blank background, a search box and a logo titled with “Searchi Incongnito”.
However, like Websearchinc.net, Queryexplorer.com and Scangoogle.ru and other browser hijackers, this browser hijacker is also created with the purpose of increasing web traffic and displaying advertising. The search engine promises that it will help you find your results fast. However, computer users have to face with other problems while the search engine is fulfilling its promise. Provided search results may be doped with unfriendly contents like sponsored ads. If you click on these sponsored ads, you may be redirected to unsafe websites or forced to install unwanted plug-ins. Moreover, you have to tolerate random redirections every time you open the browser because the pest replaces homepage, search engine and browser shortcut. These browser modifications are done without your knowledge. Although the search engine isn’t more dangerous than other computer threat like Trojan, it still is regarded as a member of the most hated computer threats. The developers expect users to use the search engine or click sponsored links in order to boost more web traffic and gain profit. So computer users are not advised to avoid use the search engine. To solve problems caused by the browser hijacker, you’d better remove it with help of the removal guide below.
How Does Searchiincognito.com Enter Your PC?
As a member of popular distribution techniques, “bundling” is also used mostly for delivering the browser hijacker. Like Dandelion spreads seeds by the aid of the wind, the browser hijacker is attached with new software. It is a big possibility that your computer gets infected with the browser hijacker when you download new software from third-party websites rather than official websites. You can avoid the unwanted installation by clicking “Custom” setup type and select unwanted options. If you still get unwanted programs after installation, you’d better remove them by yourself.
Note: Not all malware cannot be prevented manually. Evil developers always take opportunities to spread malware to the target computer. An effective anti-malware program which has a good defense may be a better choice.
Reasons to remove Searchiincognito.com:
1. It may drastically slow down the computer performance, for it may occupy many system resources.
2. It may modify your browser settings, causing the changes of default homepage and search engine.
3. It may come along with other unwanted programs that may inject ads from which you may download potentially unwanted programs into web pages.
4. It may monitor your online activities, track your browsing history and send the data collected to its creators.
How to Remove Searchiincognito.com Virus?
Solution One: Automatically Remove Searchiincognito.com from Your PC
SpyHunter is an effective removal tool which can detect and remove potentially unwanted programs like adware and browsers hijackers and other malicious cyber infections. To make sure that there are no other viruses on your machine, you are suggested to perform a scan of the system with SpyHunter. It can scan the PC and clear all the threats on your PC completely.
Download SpyHunter by clicking the button below.
Run the SpyHunter-Installer.exe and follow the wizard to complete installation.
SpyHunter will automatically run and scan the entire system for detecting threats.It takes a few minutes if you have stored many programs, files, folders and other data on computer.
Once all threats are listed in scan result, click “Fix threats” to remove all infections and malware from computer quickly.
Note: SpyHunter can help you free scan the threats on the PC, but you need to purchase its full version to fully clear the infections.
Solution Two: Manually Remove Searchiincognito.com from Your PC
For Internet Explorer
1. Launch the program Internet Explorer.
2. On top menu, please navigate to Tools > Internet Options.
3. On General tab, remove the suspicious link in Home Page section.
4. Navigate to Tools and then select Manage add-ons.
5. Go to Search providers, you will see a list of search providers.
6. Select your desired search provider and click Remove button.
5. Click Close button to exit the window.
6. Go to Internet Explorer shortcut by right-clicking on its icon and selecting Properties.
7. Delete the additional argument at the end of Target.
If the steps above don’t work, you need to reset settings.
Select Internet options from the Tools menu.
Go to Advance tab and then select Reset button.
Enable Delete Personal Settings and then again click on Reset button.
Now restart Internet Explorer for these changes to take effect.
For Mozilla Firefox
1. Launch the program Mozilla Firefox.
2. On top menu, please navigate to Tools > Options.
3. Highlight the unwanted link and delete it in Homepage section.
4. Go to Search tab and remove unwanted search engines in the list.
5. Go to Mozilla Firefox shortcut by right-clicking on its icon and selecting Properties.
6. Remove the additional argument at the end of Target section.
Click main settings menu on homepage, select tools option at the menu bar and choose Troubleshooting Information option.
Click reset Firefox on the new tab.
Click refresh Firefox again to confirm
Close all tabs once Firefox settings are restored to default.
For Google Chrome
1. Launch the program Google Chrome.
2. Click on the Wrench or 3-Bars icon on top right corner of the browser.
3. Choose Settings from the drop down list. It will open a window containing Google Chrome settings.
4. Find the area named “On startup” and click on set pages.
5. Remove Searchiincognito.com and click OK button to apply the change.
6. Find the area named “Appearance” and click on Change.
7. Remove the link in the pop-up window and then click OK to confirm the change.
5. Find the area that says “Search“. This is located in the middle part of the page.
6. Click on Manage search engines. It will show a list of Search engines including the default one.
7. Then, to remove the link from the list, mouse-over to that item and click on the X mark.
8. Click Done button to confirm the removal.
9. Go to Google Chrome shortcut by right-clicking on its icon and selecting Properties.
10. Delete the additional argument at the end of the Target section.
If the steps above don’t work, you need to reset settings.
Scroll down the settings page, and click show advanced settings
Down to the bottom and click reset settings
Click reset on the new window to confirm
Close all tabs once Chrome settings are reset to default
Locate and delete malicious registry entries
Open Start menu, type “regedit” on Search box
Click regedit.exe in search results, then the registry editor will pop up
Click “edit” and then select “find” option.
Put Searchiincognito.com into search box and press Enter key and search for relevant keys, values and data.
Delete the strings found in results.
Repeat the steps above and make sure all relevant entries have been deleted.
If you can’t remove by following the manual instructions, you can take the automatic removal guide below.
- Once the file is downloaded, run the antimalwaresetup.exe file and follow the instructions on the screen to install it on the PC. This tool can be installed quickly within a seconds.
- When the installation is completed, Plumbytes anti-malware will scan your system automatically. The scanning may last for several minutes. While scanning, the names of the threats and their Threat levels will be listed in the scan results.
- When the scanning is completed, make sure all the threats are selected and then click on Remove Selected button.
- To successfully remove the detected items, please activate the full version of Plumbytes anti-malware first. Then you will be able to remove Searchiincognito.com Virus and other infections thoroughly.
- Restart your computer if you are required by Plumbytes anti-malware.
Tips to Protect Your PC From Malware
Avoid visiting malicious or porn websites when surfing the Internet.
Don’t open junk emails or attachments from unknown sources. It is advised to delete such messages as soon as you receive them.
It is suggested to download programs or software from official or reliable websites.
Keep your system updated and ensure your security programs can help you protect your computer from malware.
Searchiincognito.com is one kind of browser hijacker that it is able to modify your default homepage and other search engine of your browsers like Internet Explorer, Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox. The infection is often bundled with various freeware or shareware, once you install any free applications on your computer, it’s installed as well. The browser hijacker may bring you many unnecessary issues, like all kinds of pop-up ads, search page redirection, sluggish computer performance, and broken down system. What’s more, it may lead to other cyber criminals to record your confidential information or data. Therefore if you find your computer is infected by the threat, you should remove it from your computer without any delay.
The following video offers a complete guide for Searchiincognito.com removal. You’d better watch it in full-screen mode!