“Myluckysites.com automatically replaces your default homepage and search engine every time you launch the browser? If this is the case, then it is likely that your computer has been infected by the threat. This is a nasty infection that will bring much trouble to you, so you need to get rid of it from your computer without any hesitation.”
Download Removal Tool to Remove Myluckysites.com Now!
Note: The recommended removal tool is used by many computer users to protect their PCs against the latest adware, malware, browser hijacker, spyware, Trojans, worms, rootkits, and other malicious software.
Details of Myluckysites.com
Myluckysites.com is identified as a browser hijacker created by cyber hackers to promote their search engines, homepage, or other services. It looks like Google search engine to provide web, images and videos search. As a matter of fact, it is fake search tool. Such infection has the ability to collect and store information about your web browsing habits so as to display lots of advertisements on the webpage you visit. Clicking any of them may redirect you to more unsafe commercial advertisement website. It can be seen that the real purpose of this type of browser hijacker is to generate pay-per-click revenue and increase the website ranking. To avoid further harm, you should get rid of Myluckysites.com malware as soon as possible.
Symptoms after Being Infected by Myluckysites.com
Myluckysites.com is able to sneak onto the target computer system without asking for any permission from users. A lot of troubles will be triggered once this threat has finished its installation. It may show random pop up ads and unwanted links on the webpage you are visiting no matter you want them or not. There are many symptoms that can used to judge whether your computer is infected. The symptoms are listed as below.
- Default homepage and search engine are changed into http://myluckysites.com/.
- The browser settings and shortcuts are modified without permission.
- Endless pop ups are displayed on every corner of the browsers.
- Unwanted toolbars and extensions are added to browsers.
- The computer runs slower than before.
- Popular web browsers are often stuck.
- PC performance greatly reduced.
- System freezes up and programs damage.
- Personal information like passwords, email address, and credit card details may be stolen by cyber criminals.
How Does Myluckysites.com Infiltrate into the Targeted Computer?
Most users don’t know how Myluckysites.com infiltrates into their computers. Similar to other browser hijackers, this infection gets installed on the computer mainly bundled with third party freeware downloads and installation. That’s probably why people get infected with it without any notice. Installer of the infection may be embedded into the free applications that can be free downloaded from the Internet. Such malware is most distributed on notorious websites. Therefore, when you download free software, make sure it is from official website or any reliable sites. When installing the target software, you should be careful. Otherwise, the tricky browser hijacker will seize the opportunity to install on your computer and set itself as your default search engine and homepage. Carefully read each installation step before clicking Next and Install button. Always select Advanced or Custom Install, do not agree to install any recommended applications and deselect any additionally unknown programs. In addition, Myluckysites.com may attach in spam email attachments which usually look legitimate but actually contain malicious codes of the browser hijacker. Be careful! Never randomly open an unknown email or clicking the attachment link without checking whether it is safe. For safety, remove it once received the spam emails.
How to Remove Myluckysites.com from Computer
The longer you keep this browser hijacker on your system; the damage caused by it will be greater. Therefore, it is very necessary for you to get rid of it as soon as possible. If you are a computer novice, the manual removal way is not suitable for them since it requires certain computer skills. Any mistakes during the deletion process may cause serious system problems. For security, it is strongly recommended to opt for an automatic removal tool to safely and quickly eliminate Mylcukysites.com from your machine.
SpyHunter is a powerful anti-spyware/anti-malware application which specially designed to assist the average computer users in protecting their PC from malicious threats. With its advanced technology, SpyHunter can stay one step ahead of today’s malware threats. Once installed, the anti-malware program can deliver ongoing protection against the latest malware, adware, browser hijacker, Trojans, spyware, rootkits, keyloggers, worms, and malicious software. Although some stubborn malware programs try to avoid detection by anti-spyware/anti-virus programs through disguising as a regular program, SpyHunter can quickly identify and remove them within a few minutes. Download the excellent removal tool by clicking the button below.
Operating system: Windows 7/Vista/XP/8/10
Step2. After a dialog box pops up, click Run button.
Step3. Select a language you prefer and then click OK button.
Step4. Click on CONTINUE button to go on.
Step5. Select I accept the EULA and Privacy and Policy, and then click INSTALL button.
Step6. It will take a few minutes to install SpyHunter. Once installed successfully, please click Finish button.
Step7. Click “Scan Computer Now” to have a full scan of your system.
Step8. After finished scanning, click on the “Fix Threats” button to remove all detected threats. If necessary, you need to restart your computer after the removal.
Remove Mylcukysites.com homepage and search engine from browsers
- Start the Internet Explorer. Click the menu and select Internet options. (Click Tools option and select Internet Options.)
- After that, choose the General tab from pop-up page and locate at the Home Page box. Then delete the harmful site link form the box. After that, you can type a desired web address into the box as your default homepage and click Apply > OK button.
- Open your IE again, click the menu and select Manage add-ons. (Click Tools menu and choose the Manage Add-ons option.)
- In the opened window, locate to the Toolbars and Extensions tab and remove all malicious extensions by clicking Disable button.
- And then turn to click on Search Providers. Choose a preferable search engine like Google as default by clicking Set as default button and then remove Myluckysites.com search tool by clicking Remove button.
6. Come back to the menu and select Internet options.
7. In the opened window, click Advanced tab and click Reset button.
8. After a window pops up, check Delete personal settings and click Reset button.
9. After a new window appears, click Close button.
- Start up the Firefox, choose “Firefox” menu button and then click Options.
- Delete http://myluckysites.com/ from the Home Page Then you can type another favorite website link as default homepage.
- Stay on Options window, turn to click Search tab on the left bar and then click the drop down menu to select your favorite search engine.
- Drag your scrollbar, find out the unwanted search engine in the Search Engine box and click Remove button to delete it.
- Come back to Firefox main menu and click Add-ons. (Or simultaneously press Ctrl+ Shift+ A to enter Add-ons)
- Search for all the pernicious extensions related to the browser hijacker and click Remove button to get rid of them.
- Launch your Firefox again, locate to the Menu and click the Help
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Click Reset Firefox button to reset Firefox to its default settings.
- In the conformation dialog box, click Refresh Firefox
- Start up the Google Chrome. Click the Chrome menu on the browser toolbar and select Settings.
- Choose the On Startup option and select the Set Pages option there.
- Remove the unwanted website link http://myluckysites.com/ by pressing X symbol and click Ok button.
- Access to the Appearance section, check to enable the Show Home button option and click Change link.
- Remove the harmful homepage link from the Home page box and click Ok button.
- Go to Search section and click Manage search engines.
- Choose your preferred default search engine and press Make default.
- And then click X icon to delete the unwanted search engine.
- Scroll down to the bottom and click Show advanced settings.
- Continue to scroll down and click Reset settings button.
- After a dialog box pops up, click Reset button to reset Google Chrome.
- Open your Chrome again, locate to the Menu and select More tools > Extensions.
- In the opened window, look for all the vicious extensions related to Myluckysites.com and click recycle bin icon to delete them.
How to avoid being infected by Myluckysites.com?
- Please go to reliable websites to download the software you want.
- Keep an advanced anti-virus program and a firewall on your PC.
- Don’t click on the links or attachments which contained in spam emails.
- During installation, select Advanced or Custom Install and un-check the boxes that allow extra unknown programs to install.
Created by criminals, Myluckysites.com is a dangerous browser hijacker that will damage your system. It fools you by acting like a legitimate site. However, you will be redirected to some malicious sites forcibly once it has entered your computer system. Worse still, it helps remote hackers get access to your computer and filch personal data. Besides, it damages the anti-virus programs installed on your computer and put your computer into risk. Thus, it is recommended you to remove it immediately and stop any further damages.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
The following video offers a complete guide for Myluckysites.com browser hijacker removal. You’d better watch it in full-screen mode!